My Itinerary

My Itinerary
Where I will be between August 26 and December 13

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Woah, We're Halfway There!

You bet this is my second blog post that is starting with song lyrics! It's just so appropriate considering that today (well, yesterday at this point, since it's after midnight in London) marked the halfway point of my 34 day adventure in Europe. I don't say just London because I am officially going to Spain for my birthday once the class is over! I'm flying to Madrid on the 21st, staying in a hotel, taking the train to Salamanca, staying there until the 24th, taking the train back to Madrid, staying in a hotel again that night, and flying back to colorful Colorado on the 25th.

London has felt like a dream so far, to be honest. Cars rushing outside my window while I'm trying to fall asleep, the excitement of running through the Underground trying to catch the next Tube, people from all over the world coming to see the beautiful sites so rich with history. All I get in Colorado Springs are loud drunks singing goofy songs, speed walking to get to class on time, and the occasional tourist, usually American (usually also from Colorado!).  I'm nervous for the splash of cold water in my face that is reality once I return to the States. Having class the day after I get back is not going to be fun.

Tonight, I added a bunch of other students on Facebook that will traveling with me this fall on Semester at Sea. I thought to myself that maybe it's too soon, maybe I should wait, maybe I should focus on London for now. However, I've realized that the lessons I'm learning here in London will, ultimately, prove extraordinarily helpful when I'm strolling the streets of Casablanca, Ho Chi Minh City, and Puntarenas. I really am getting antsy to go.

On an unrelated note, happy Mother's Day to all you special mothers out there, especially my own. The selflessness and love you have given to me are something I have truly valued and hope to someday show my own children. Thank you for everything you have done. My life, in every respect, would not be possible had it not been for you. And thus ends my sappy rant :)

Why have I put off my 2 papers all weekend? I have class in about 9 1/2 hours.
Oh, wait. IT'S BECAUSE WEEKENDS IN LONDON ARE AMAZING.

Peace and love!

No comments:

Post a Comment